- Carolyn Stein is a freelance writer and editor. She has contributed articles to The Sea in World History book set, Atlas Obscura website, and other publications. She writes historical, fantasy, and science fiction as well as non-fiction and gaming supplements. When not writing she games and experiments with gourmet vegan cooking.
Current works in process:
- A Life for a Life. Historical Fiction. A Hellenized Jewish maritime trader and his wives defend their business and homes in ancient Alexandria from Greek mobs, Jewish zealots, and business rivals while secretly rescuing captives from pirates.
- Lightning Scarred and Other Stories
- Twice a year the portal to the magical land of Thule opens to adventurers. But the unquiet snow and deadly waters hold hungry death and frozen fear. Can anyone survive the monsters and mages of the frozen wastes?
- If you love brave heroines and incredible magical adventures, set sail with Magnihild, Caedmon, and others through shifting ice and uncertain loyalties.
Writers of the Future Honorable Mentions
- 2020, 3rd Quarter, Volume 37: “The Ginger Gambit”
- 2020, 2nd Quarter, Volume 37: “Double Exposure”
- 2020, 1st Quarter, Volume 37: “Frozen Art”
- 2019, 4th Quarter, Volume 36: “Lightning and Shadow“
- 2019, 3rd Quarter Volume 36: “Emissaries of Artemis”